The Green Bay Packers improved to 9-0 Monday night and they did it in dominating fashion. There isn’t much new to learn from a game in which the Packers cruise to a 45-7 so here are some quick thoughts from the game.
- Aaron Rodgers is too good. 250 yards, four touchdowns and only seven incompletions. He is unstoppable this season.
- Randall Cobb got the Packers scoring off to a fast start by returning the Vikings first punt for a touchdown and the Packers never looked back from there. Cobb later in the game coughed up a punt that cost the Packers the shutout so he had a very up and down day but overall a good performance.
- The Packers had somewhat of a running game. It wasn’t particularly effective but it kept the Vikings defense honest and prevented them from really just sitting back waiting for Rodgers to throw the ball.
- Speaking of the Vikings defense they did a pretty good job of getting pressure on Rodgers. They sacked Rodgers twice but on numerous occasions they flushed Rodgers from the pocket and tackled him for a short gain or made him rush a throw.
- On the other side the Packers defense did a phenomenal job tonight. They held Peterson to only 51 yards and they also kept Ponder under control. They constantly put pressure on Ponder and were in his face all day, getting three sacks and knocking him down on several occasions. Overall it was a great game by the defense and one that the squad can really build up on and keep it going for the rest of the season.
- Overall it was a great game by the entire team. Every aspect of the team looked to be on tonight and it really showed as they beat up on a lesser team.