The Eagles front office has been busy lately. The Draft is quickly approaching and free agency is in full swing. It’s hard to believe that in just three and a half months the Eagles will be walking onto the practice field at Lehigh University. To put that in perspective, three and a half months ago we were all opening presents and singing carols around the Christmas tree.
There has been a lot of news surrounding the Eagles the past few weeks. Here’s a rundown of those:
– Jason Peters, the anchor of the Eagles offensive line, ruptured his Achilles Tendon while working out and will miss the entire 2012 season. It is hard to believe that he will ever be back to the form he was before this occurred. (And yes,this is the same injury that Phillies 1st Baseman Ryan Howard suffered last season in the playoffs)
– In response to Jason Peters injury, the Eagles went out and signed offensive tackle Demetress Bell to a five year contract. Bell had previously played for the Buffalo Bills.
– The Philadelphia Eagles, along with the rest of the NFL, released their new jerseys. The only change to the Eagles jersey is that it will be tighter and lighter for the players. The only team in the NFL to get a major make-over was the Seattle Seahawks.
What Needs to Happen:
– Lock up LeSean McCoy.
– Sign or draft are big receiver for the redzone.
– Trade Asante Samuel
– Main target for the NFL draft should be on the defense.
– The Eagles appear to be looking at Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins, Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill, and Louisiana- Lafayette tight end Ladarius Green on the offensive side of the ball.