A prestigious international tournament such as Euro 2012 is a stage for millions of fans to watch their nations battle for footballing glory. Each time a team steps onto the pitch is a statement to their fans, their nation, and to the world. In the build up to the tournament, each national team organizes the design of a kit worthy of dawning the colors of their nation. Let’s take a look at the best and the worst jerseys of Euro 2012.
TOP 10 Best Jerseys
10. France Home Kit (Nike): The Blues went to a more darker shade of blue for their Euro kits and the change couldn’t be better. The dark pinstripes and collar is a renovated look for France that symbolizes a renovated France on the field.
8. Italy Keeper Kit (Puma): Gianluigi Buffon is one of the greatest keepers of all-time and has a unprecedented style that is iconic to international football. The grey short sleeve shirt with blue collar only adds the lore and magic of Buffon in net.
5. Ireland Away Kit (Umbro): Like many popular contemporary styles, the Irish went for the throwback collar look with a side stripe. Umbro’s initial design had a different number style that looked like it belonged on Sesame Street, luckily the final product turned out much better.
4. Croatia Home Kit (Nike): Nothing different from the classic red checker pattern for the smallest nation in the tournament. This is a style that you either love or you hate, I say it’s an profound look that is iconic while watching Croatia.
3.Greece Home Kit (Adidas): One of the surprise jerseys coming from the 2004 Euro Cup Champions that portrays a subtle highlight of the Greek cross in the left shoulder along with the traditional blue and white.
2. Portugal Away Kit (Nike): The cross from the national flag was highlighted in classic sleek Nike fashion that uses the red and green perfectly. It also helps to have a supermodel as the most famous playing wearing the shirt.
1. Italy Home Kit (Puma): The Azzurri dawned the best looking shirts in the tournament, using the traditional Italy blue with gold, red, and green trim. It is glamourous and regal look for a championship hopeful Italian nation.
The Worst Jerseys
AGREE OR DISAGREE? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IS THE BEST JERSEY FROM EURO 2012.