Calm down, everybody.
If you watched the game or did not watch the game, what you are going to hear is that the Cleveland Browns are desperate for a win and how they gave another game away.
Come on, this is the NFL we are talking about here. Nothing is going to come easy. Nothing is going to come easy to the Cleveland Browns and the youngest team in the NFL.
If you are watching these Browns games to see them win, then you are looking at the wrong team and thinking about the wrong things.
You need to evaluate the Cleveland Browns on a game by game basis. Are they getting better should be the question?
Does Brandon Weeden get more comfortable in the pocket? Does he stare down receivers? Does he go through his progressions properly? Does he hit his check downs? Those are the things that you should be looking at.
The receivers are all young and still trying to figure out how to be successful in the NFL. The only veteran leadership on the team as far as WR is concerned is Josh Cribbs (a special team’s specialist) and Greg Little (a 2nd year player who missed his final year of college).
The Cleveland Browns just don’t have enough on defense. We have no linebackers and only one playmaking defender in Joe Haden. Without Haden for suspension T.J. Ward is almost average. You just can’t compete when you are always chasing someone and playing catch up.
Time….We have to develop and that takes time.
- Brandon Weeden is getting better and better with every game. I loved seeing him step up in the pocket late in the game and deliver balls down the field. Weeden’s accuracy downfield really showed this game. If it was not for the drops and defensive plays. Brandon would have had a lot more yards than that.
- Trent Richardson is a beast, lol…..He does not carry the ball for 100 yards every game but you can see that he is still figuring it out. When he does get his hands on the ball, you expect the defender to either miss the tackle or for Trent Richardson to break one. Trent is really giving the Browns an identity of a hard-nosed football team.
- These young receivers are getting better every game. Travis Benjamin’s speed is definitely a difference maker out there on the field. I would like to see him stay on Punt Returns because of his speed to turn the corner. Jordon Norwood needs to be activated every week. Brandon went to him and he made some nice catches and he tried to compete for others. He needs to stay active. Greg Little, you have to catch the football sir. Josh Gordon played just enough and gave us a catch. Good job rookie.
- I have been screaming for Josh Cribbs to play on offense, and when he did he was starting to get the ball. Unfortunately you are not considered defenseless on kickoffs so the Ravens defender took shoulder to helmet and knocked Josh Cribbs unconscious and out of the game.
- 52 pass attempts to 17 rushes…that is not going to get it done. It looks a lot better than the Browns just run, run, pass offense that they utilized in past years. I would like to see more screen passes to Trent if we are going to have that kind of pass to run ratio.
- The Defensive Line is playing amazing, they are the strength of the Defense and we play without our 1st round stud Phil Taylor. I can’t wait to see this line develop over the years it will be close to unstoppable. Billy Winn is a 6th round draft pick and he is playing like a first day draft pick. Everyone is asking the question Where is Jaball Sheard. Jaball has not been the pass rusher from his rookie year. It seems he has stopped giving up the running lanes that he did the year before. He is developing into a pretty good run stuffer. If that means less pressure on the QB from one player, than I am all in.
- Why is Dimitri Patterson getting starter money? He sucks. Sheldon Brown’s best football is clearly behind him. The only people who did not think Sheldon should have been a FS was Pat Shurmer and Sheldon Brown. Players like Charles Woodson and Nate Clements have moved to safety. Rod Woodson made turned an All-Pro CB into an All-Pro Safety but the Browns won’t let Sheldon move back. Buster Skrine played a lot better, and I would like to see Trevin Wade more.
- DQwell Jackson played a decent game. He still makes more tackles 5 yards down the field than any other MLB in the game. Craig Robertson was all over the field making plays and is getting better, but is still not the playmaking LB we really want. In my opinion Scott Fujita sucks and Kaluka Maiava sucks worse. I am looking forward to seeing James-Michael Johnson come back from injury maybe it will give the team more speed and able to attack the line of scrimmage better on run plays.
- I had a fans hope that the Cleveland Browns would go 8-8. I can actually see the Browns going 3-13 this season, and to top it all off, I would be excited about what we have going into the future either way. I don’t mind playing for draft picks because we need some pieces. There is losing and there is competing. The Browns are competing for the first time in a long time. And that is refreshing to see.
Like I said at the beginning, this is not the time to panic. It’s a time to rejoice. The Cleveland Browns are getting better, and will continue to get better every game.
This is the best we have looked in a few years and I am happy to see the development.