With all the negativity surrounding the Florida Gators football team lately, it’s easy to forget that Saturday is Senior Day in The Swamp. In all, 17 seniors will be honored prior to their last home game when Florida takes on Florida State this Saturday.
This is a group that has had a roller coaster ride of experiences in their time at the University of Florida. From going through a coaching change after the 2010 season, to going 11-2 and playing in the Sugar Bowl last season, to being a part of a 4-7 team that will finish with Florida’s worst record since 1979 this season. It definitely has not been an easy ride for this group.
Here’s a look at those seniors and some of their accomplishments…
OL Kyle Koehne
- A fifth-year senior who has provided versatility along the offensive line, while making 10 career starts.
LB David Campbell
- A walk-on linebacker who recorded his first career tackle last week against Georgia Southern. Could play a bigger role in his final game due to injuries.
DB Tim Clark
- A walk-on safety that has appeared in six career games and has been a valuable member of the scout team.
C Jonotthan Harrison
- A fifth-year senior that has been a starter along the offensive line since the 2011 season. Has made 37 straight starts.
CB Jeremy Brown
- A rare sixth-year senior who came to Florida in 2008 as one of the top ranked cornerbacks on the country. Brown has dealt with injuries seemingly his entire career, but has provided a great veteran presence in the locker room.
G Jon Halapio
- A fifth-year senior that has been a starter along the offensive line since his freshman year in 2010. Has made 42 career starts.
WR Chris Maignan
- Walked on to the team in the summer of 2012 and has yet to see any game action.
K Brad Phillips
- A walk-on that is 4-for-6 in his career with a long of 43 yards.
QB Christian Provancha
- A walk-on that has been a valuable scout team member. Has served as the No. 2 quarterback in recent weeks with the injury to Tyler Murphy.
WR Ryan Parrish
- A walk-on that has served on the scout team. Was Scout Team Player of the Week in 2012 against Florida State and Texas A&M.
LB Cody Adams
- Walked on to the team in the summer of 2012 and has yet to appear in a game.
WR Solomon Patton
- Dealt with injuries early in his career but saved his best for last. Patton is the Gators’ leading receiver n 2013 with 39 receptions for 554 yards and six touchdowns. Is also a dynamic return man that has averaged 27.5 yards per kickoff return in his career and has one return for a touchdown.
DT Damien Jacobs
- Joined the Gators in 2012 after transferring from junior college. Has provided depth along the defensive line and has 32 tackles and 2.5 sacks in two seasons.
S Jaylen Watkins
- Arrived at Florida as one of the top cornerback prospects in the nation. Has started games at cornerback and safety and has recorded three interceptions in his career to go along with 21 pass breakups.
LB Darrin Kitchens
- Has been a valuable member of the special teams units throughout his four years as a Gator. Has totaled 54 tackles, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery in his career.
WR Trey Burton
- Has been a sort of jack-of-all-trades for Florida’s offense since arriving on campus in 2010. Burton has totaled 976 receiving yards, 673 rushing yards and 20 total touchdowns throughout his career.
DT Dominique Easley
- Was having a dominant senior season until an ACL tear ended it back in September. He had 72 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks throughout his four years.
For these seniors, their time in a Gator uniform may not have gone exactly how they envisioned it, but if they can somehow pull off the upset this Saturday, then they can go out the right way.
Read more Florida rumors, news and opinion on our Florida football page