Choosing the right turf shoe for soccer can be a difficult task, especially for beginners. But worry not!
Here, we lay out tips that help you find the best soccer cleats. With so many options for soccer cleats, it’s hard for even the most knowledgeable player to know which pair will be perfect for their foot. Fortunately, we put together this handy guide to help.
The most important things to consider with soccer cleats are:
- Player’s Position/Style of game
How to buy soccer cleats?
We are here to present a complete Buyer’s Guide on What factors should be considered before buying a shoe for your soccer game. We will explain all the silent features to consider in this regard. The considerate factors are:
Why is it important to consider the surface on which you are going to play your game.
The fit, touch and traction.
Parts of the cleat to consider
Blades, studs, their shape, and compositional material.
Soccer Position Number
Your position in the game also determines the type of shoe that you will wear. To know about Soccer Position Numbers Click here.
Now, let’s get begin
Types of Soccer Shoes/Cleats
There is a whole lot of good soccer cleat range available as per the customer’s specification. Making a wrong choice in the cleat can be hazardous. It can not only cost the game but can cause injury too. To make a better choice in getting best soccer cleats in the world first understand the surface on which you are going to play your game or having a drill. In this scenario, you might need to own multiple pairs too. These options include:
Firm Ground surface
It is a natural grass surface normally used for drilling the game. Here, you will need Soccer Cleats for Firm Ground also known as FG. These cleats are also categorized as Classic soccer cleats or Molded Cleats. Generally, these cleats have PU/TPU rubber studs that are removable and are either conical in shape or bladed.
These Cleats for Firm Ground are specifically designed as most comfortable soccer cleats and provide stability on natural grass fields. Furthermore, these cleats are designed by using PU sole material, which is highly recommended for grip on hard ground. If you will use these cleats on artificial turf it may cause knee and joint pains.
Soft Ground / Muddy surface grass
These cleats are designed to hold the wet, damp surface firmly. They have studs with a metal tip that helps to tact the ground smoothly. These blades are detachable so that you can customize these cleats as per your requirements. Such Soccer shoes are also popular in the name of metal cleats. Here the surface is damp and you Soccer Cleats for Soft Ground referred to as SG cleats.
Turf- Artificial Grass
Here we need Soccer turf shoes also known as AG, FG/AG. Nike and Puma rank high in this category. These brands provide an option to opt for Hybrid or Multi-Ground soccer cleats. Talking about Soccer shoe turf, these cleats are quite similar to Soccer Cleats for Firm Ground.
The difference lies in the shape of metal studs. In Turf soccer shoes the shape of these metallic studs is circular. But thanks to Nike and Puma that offer a Hybrid and Multi-Ground Soccer cleats range. This range of top soccer cleats has a mix of circular and bladed studs that make them suitable for both the grounds i-e for Firm Ground and Turf.
Artificial turf is a thin carpet that is used in indoor fields. Here we need Artificial Turf Soccer shoes termed TF. To distinguish, these artificial turf soccer cleats have shorter studs so that the cleat can hold that thin carpet firmly. But talking about the number of studs, these Cleats have the highest number of studs in any soccer cleat range. This feature eliminates the pressure on the knees or foot to avoid injury. To distinguish, these artificial turf soccer cleats have shorter studs so that the cleat can hold that thin carpet firmly. But talking about the number of studs, these Cleats have the highest number of studs in any soccer cleat range.
This feature eliminates the pressure on the knees or foot to avoid injury. Additionally, the sole of these soccer shoe turf is composed of rubber to make it even more comfortable for the aged players too. Turf soccer shoes can also be used on dry, hard natural grass plus any of the long-bladed artificial grass.
Artificial Grass Cleats VS Artificial Turf Shoes
At first, consider both surfaces. Artificial grass is long-bladed grass while artificial turf is the thin carpet that is mainly used in indoor soccer games. o manage both the surfaces and enhance the grip, artificial turf shoes have relatively shorter length studs with a sole composed of rubber. Additionally, the number of studs on these awesome soccer cleats is high. This pattern of studs adds more traction and support to the foot. To manage both the surfaces and enhance the grip, artificial turf shoes have relatively shorter length studs with a sole composed of rubber.
Additionally, the number of studs on these awesome soccer cleats is high. This pattern of studs adds more traction and support to the foot. Alternatively, the blade size, number, and shape are different in artificial grass cleats. Concluding turf vs. grass soccer cleats, Artificial Turf shoes can be used on artificial grass but Artificial Grass cleats are not recommended for Artificial Turf.
The main factors that should be considered while buying any soccer cleats are their fit, traction, and touch. You need to check-in yourself if you need a comfortable fit, a tighter grip, or a grace look. Talking about the fit, download a size chart of a brand that you are planning to buy on alternatively check how to measure the exact size for your soccer cleat.
Potentially, your soccer cleats should provide a snug fit. This will reduce the chances of injury at its max. It is recommended to go for a higher collar size it will provide great compression. But, if you need freedom of rotation, you need to understand what type of collars is available. There are three types of collars available:
This type of collar is the most secure one and is widely used in most popular soccer cleats nowadays. It compresses the ankle firmly to avoid any injury by restricting the irregular movement of the ankle bone during the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to look for before buying soccer cleats?
Before purchasing best soccer cleats, the following factors must be considered:
- Player game style
Name the most comfortable soccer cleats?
The top Most Comfortable Football Cleats 2021are:
- Adidas Copa Mundial FG – Unisex Soccer Cleats.
- Adidas Predator 18+ FG – Flexible Soccer Cleats.
- Nike Premier II Hard Ground Football Boot.
- Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite – Cr7 Soccer Cleats.
Check the review guide of these soccer cleats here.
How to decide which soccer cleat size should I buy?
It is recommended to buy a soccer cleat half an inch smaller than your regular shoe size. This is to ensure the snug fit that is required during the game to avoid injury.
Is it worth buying the expensive Soccer Cleats?
Yes, it is, because they are manufactured by using modern techniques and high-quality materials. This surely helps to elevate your game towards success.
How long does a soccer cleat last?
Depending upon the material quality, either synthetic or leather, normally soccer cleats last for about 5-6 months. Additionally, the size and design also impact the life of a cleat.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Football few Adidas
- The Adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted Connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport
- Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to able sport part of their lives
- TPU-injected outsole allows stability and grip
- Synthetic upper for lightweight and durability
- Upper textured for better ball control
- Traditional lace-up closure for an adjustable and secure fit
- Lightweight,soft and comfortable design for your kids.
- For use on firm ground surfaces
- Leather upper
- Four color, combination of tradition and novelty.
- Soft linings and fully adjustable lace-up closure.
- Padded tongue and toe box can minimizing ball impact injuries.
- Durable synthetic upper features molded texture for excellent ball control.
- Non-slip of rubber sole with high grip will creates traction with turf ground and keep well performances.
- Upper: Soft, polyurethane upper with a padded, brushed nylon ankle collar lining.
- Insole: Fixed cotton and shock-absorbing EVA foam.
- Outsole: Molded rubber outsole provides 14 studs to reduce pressure points on the young player's feet. Studs placed slightly wider apart in the heel area to improve stability.
- Sizes 8C to 10C Toddler (smallest) 10.5 to 3 (Little Kid) 3.5 to 6.5 (Big Kid)
- DO NOT USE THE AMAZON SIZING CHART. Please refer to the sizing chart and sizing instructions on the left in the images.
- Two-color textured synthetic upper
- Strong and durable with anti-stretch lining
- Padded heel and collar lining for comfort
- Two color molded rubber outsole for comfort and traction
- Outsole stitched to upper for durability
- Style#: AO8277-102
- Elastic cuff for breathability and comfort.
- Ghost lacing system for speed lacing and zero distractions.
- Internal chassis feels flexible and supportive.
- External pods for traction.
- Material:Upper:PU,Sole:rubber.Note: Pictures and logos are a little different from the shoes, placing an order if you don't mind.
- Light and flexiable, good cushioning, reinforcement protection, efficient grip technology
- Good wear resistance, with wave pattern, effective anti-slip, strengthen technology and improve elasticity
- Comfortable and soft, wicking comfort, easy to run, and feel comfortable in the shoes
- Long studs rubber outsole, non-slip and wear-resistant, suitable for all kinds of occasions, can also be used for normal wear, more comfortable walking