Though it may not necessarily be the most popular racket-based sport, badminton is still a family favorite game that can be played with the kids in the backyard just as easily as it can be played in a highly competitive setting.
Of course, regardless of where the game is played and to what intensity, you are still going to need to make sure that you get the top badminton sporting equipment around.
In a Hurry? The test winner after 5 hrs of research
No piece of badminton equipment is as important to your game as the top badminton racket, though again you will need to consider the setting and skill set. For instance, a beginner is going to want a very different badminton racket than someone who has developed their skill set to an intermediate level or beyond.
Best Badminton Racket in 2023
As such, figuring out which badminton racquet is the badminton racquet for you can be a difficult and confusing task. That is why we have put together a list of the 7 top racquets, highlighting what each one does top. Then we provide a helpful buyer’s guide.
1. RiteTrak Sports – Best Badminton Racket (Editor’s Choice)
RiteTrack Sports is a brand that has not been around too terribly long, but they have definitely made it a point to enter the badminton equipment market with both feet running. In fact, this one of the few companies that we reviewed not only specializes in badminton equipment but also has always specialized in badminton equipment.
On top of that, RiteTrack Sports is currently focusing on entry-level badminton equipment, though even here there is plenty to suggest that the brand will quickly expand into the more advanced niches of the badminton racket market. As it stands, we rate the RiteTrak Sports FiberFlash 7 badminton racket as the top for beginners.
- Comes with a complete set
- Is made of carbon fiber
- The racket weighs 90 g
- Has a medium balance
- Flex is rated as “Stiff”
- Has built-in T-joint
- The shuttlecocks are subpar
- Not for heavy play
One thing to keep in mind when you are considering the top for beginners is that the general build should be as high-quality as it would for any other high-end badminton racket with certain qualities tailored to top suit a beginner.
For instance, the RiteTrak Sports FiberFlash 7 badminton racket is made of carbon fiber which provides a great deal of durability though it is also somewhat light as well. That said, the RiteTrak Sports FiberFlash 7 badminton racket is not exactly lightweight at 90 g, but it is actually one of the lighter badminton rackets that we reviewed.
Still, it is well within the expected range of competitive badminton rackets, though it definitely sits a bit on the heavier side of the competitive badminton players which just happens to be the ideal weight for beginners.
Also, the RiteTrak Sports FiberFlash 7 badminton racket provides additional durability by providing a built-in T-joint.
2. Baden – Top Badminton Racquet (People’s Choice)
Baden is a company that has been around for a while and earned a solid reputation in its nearly 40 years of existence. That said, Baden originated as a company, and continues to specialize, is manufacturing high-end balls many of which are used for professional competitions for various leagues.
Regardless, Baden has made it a point to provide an excellent all-around product that comes with by far the most comprehensive kit that we saw. In fact, this is the only badminton racquet that we reviewed that comes with literally everything you need to play on day 1 which is also why we rated it our Editor’s Choice.
- Comes with a complete set
- Hardware made of powder-coated aluminum
- Shaft made of aluminum
- Colored highly-visible yellow
- Shuttlecocks made of nylon
- Comes with a net
- Is a more expensive badminton racket
- Rackets are not the most durable
It is important to note that the Baden Champions badminton racquet is not actually the top racket that we reviewed and is not at all intended to be used for highly competitive or frequent play. Instead, the Baden Champions badminton racquet simply seeks to provide the most value out of any other product on our list and does so with a robust kit.
For instance, the Baden Champions badminton racquet comes with shuttlecocks and carrying bag like many other badminton rackets that we reviewed, but this badminton racquet set also comes with a net, poles, and guy lines.
On top of that, the shuttlecocks are made of nylon, so you do not have to worry about how well they will hold up over time though the same thing cannot necessarily be said of the Baden Champions badminton racquet itself.
3. Senston 2 Player – Perfect for Beginner and Casual Entertainment
Considering the company has only been around for a few years, you can forgive yourself if you have never heard of Senston game products, but you should definitely take note as this young upstart produces a number of high-end products that are all focused specifically around badminton equipment or other racket-based sports products.
That said, Senston is a company intending to branch out even into products that are not at all related to anything racket-based so that specialization will be short-lived.
Still, this means that their early rackets are likely to be their top, and these are easily the top racket for doubles that we came across. Even better, these badminton rackets are surprisingly good, considering their price, though you will need to replace the pre-strung strings.
- The racket weighs 85 g
- Is made of carbon-aluminum composite
- Has an isometric head shape
- Has a built-in T-joint
- Comes with a complete set
- Has Micro Carbon Fiber
- Prestrung strings are poor
- The kit is substandard
It seems that Senston did their homework as they have produced a badminton racket that definitely gives some of the bigger names our list a run for their money and may just earn this brand a solid reputation fairly quickly.
For one, the Senston 2 Player badminton racket is made of extremely durable materials like a carbon-aluminum composite for its base, but it is then reinforced with strategically woven micro carbon fiber that allows the badminton racket to bend and flex a tad while still maintaining a strong stiffness.
This durability and stiffness are further enhanced with the inclusion of a built-in T-joint where the shaft and frame meet, providing a great deal of strength. Finally, the Senston 2 Player badminton rackets feature an isometric head shape, which provides a larger sweet spot and makes these a great pair of rackets for beginners.
4. Champion Sports – All Tempered Double Steel Shaft and Frame
Champion Sports is definitely one of the more unique companies on our list primarily because it is an older company with a storied history that stretches back over 50 years and because it also has no type of specialization with badminton specifically or even racket-based sports more generally.
That said, Champion Sports is known for making incredibly durable equipment especially those that are made of rope, leather, or wood.
It is interesting to note that despite Champion Sports having a robust reputation and history, they are still focused on providing some of the least expensive products available.
In fact, the Champion Sports Double Steel badminton racket is the top budget badminton racket that we reviewed.
- Has double steel shaft
- Has heavy-duty nylon strings
- The least expensive badminton racket reviewed
- Frame made of steel
- Has heavy stiffness
- Grip made of leather
- Is a heavier badminton racket
- Has a double shaft
When it comes to Champion Sports, one of the most important things the company tries to do is make their products durable. In fact, Champion Sports will actually focus on durability to the expense of some of the other qualities including those that affect the piece of equipment’s ability to perform in action.
To that end, the Champion Sports Double Steel badminton racket features materials that are explicitly designed to last for a long time. For example, as the name suggests, this racket is primarily made of steel, both the frame and the shaft.
On top of that the grip is made of leather, so you do not have to worry about it breaking down while the strings are made of a heavy-duty nylon. That said, all of these qualities do lead to the Champion Sports Double Steel badminton racket being one of the heavier badminton rackets that we reviewed.
5. Senston N80 – High Quality Racket and Racket Cover
Senston is definitely a bit of a unique company on our list in that it is one of the few companies that we reviewed, which neither specializes in badminton equipment specifically nor even sports equipment more broadly. Instead, the company manufactures a number of different types of products focused on games and entertainment.
That said, the company is compartmentalized, having been formed within the year, and has not yet rolled out products beyond their badminton lineup.
This means that you are at least getting their top foot forward and Senston did a stellar job. That is why we have ranked this our top quality badminton racket.
- Has an isometric head shape
- The racket weighs 75 g
- Has a head light balance
- Has medium flexibility
- Has built-in T-joint
- Made of graphite
- Not the most durable shaft
- Strings are poor quality
When you break down the Senston N80 badminton racket, you find a badminton racket that can go toe to toe with virtually any other manufacturer in terms of quality and features. For instance, this badminton racket is made of graphite that allows it to maintain a high level of structural integrity without having to use heavier materials to do so.
Still, this badminton racket is definitely geared more towards touch than it is anything else a fact only punctuated by its weight, which is the lightest on our list at only 75 g.
On top of the lightweight build of the Senston N80 badminton racket, this badminton racket also features, a head light balance which adds even more touch to the way the racket plays. That said, the medium shaft flexibility does at least help round it out a bit when you are attacking the shot.
6. Wilson – Racket for Advanced Players
Wilson is by far the most venerable company on our list with a storied history that stretches back over a century ago to 1913.
That said, Wilson is not necessarily known for badminton equipment having gotten its start manufacturing sports uniforms but quickly transitioned to specializing in various pigskin and rubber balls primarily basketballs and American footballs.
Still, there are few recognized sports that Wilson does not offer a wide range of high-end products for and badminton is certainly no exception to that trend. When you consider the fact that Wilson brings to bear the same expertise and dedication to badminton equipment that they do when manufacturing their historic specialties, it is only natural that we rated it our top racket for advanced players.
- Has an isometric head shape
- The racket weighs 135 g
- Head is 365 sq. cm
- Has Power Rod Technology
- Has Oval Drive Shaft Geometry
- Has a 16 x 19 string pattern
- Is the most expensive badminton racket reviewed
- Not the top touch
When it comes to advanced players, generally they have already mastered every fundamental skill and have developed an excellent sense of touch regardless of the situation. In this case, the most common thing to do to continue progression is learning to play with rackets that can deliver more and more power.
To that end, there is simply no getting around the fact that the Wilson BLX Blade badminton racket is by far one of the most powerful badminton rackets that we saw. For one, this is by far one of the heavier rackets on our list 135 g which is more than 50 percent more than many of the other badminton rackets that we reviewed.
On top of that, the Wilson BLX Blade badminton racket also features a sparse 16 x 19 string pattern, which provides additional power from the trampoline effect it provides.
The head and frame of the Wilson BLX Blade badminton racket use an isometric shape as well as Power Rod technology to ensure that the badminton racket maintains its stiffness throughout the swing.
7. Yonex – Racket Combo Set
Out of all the brands on our list, few are as well respected or expected to perform well as Yonex, a brand that is often used by professional badminton players around the world. That said, these Yonex badminton rackets are not truly intended to be used for a professional or highly competitive setting.
Still, out of all the other rackets on our list, these are by far the top Yonex badminton racket and are an excellent value from one of the top badminton brands on the market — which only makes sense considering that Yonex is one of the brands on our list that specializes exclusively in badminton equipment.
On top of that, this is one of the first brands in the world to specialize in manufacturing badminton equipment though they have branched out into other racket-based sports goods.
- Comes with a complete set
- Has a steel shaft
- Shuttlecocks made of nylon
- Only weighs 105 g
- Is a lightweight racket
- Can generate good power
- Is a more expensive badminton racket
- Has a heavy swing weight
When it comes to providing excellent quality, Yonex has already developed a well-earned reputation, but you generally do not expect one of the highest end manufacturers of badminton equipment to also provide some of the top value on the market as well.
That said, the Yonex GR 505 badminton racket is definitely geared towards a specific type of player, and it is top in the hands of a beginner. However, it should be understood that the prestige of the company rubs off a bit on this product, as it is actually one of the more expensive badminton rackets that we reviewed.
Still, the shaft of the Yonex GR 505 badminton racket is made of steel and is stiff allowing you to generate plenty of power though you will have to give up some touch in order to achieve it.
Top Badminton Racquet Review – Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to badminton rackets, the materials are one of the more important factors. Regardless the different types of features and designs that a manufacturer may use to goose a given quality, the materials will affect the racket in far more ways than any other quality.
That said, it is important to understand that, for the most part, badminton rackets do have a definite scale of quality when it comes to the materials used, though this is not necessarily always reflected in the badminton racket’s price.
If you are looking to purchase a high-end badminton racket, then you are going to want to make sure that it is made out of graphite or carbon fiber though it is worth noting that manufacturers generally use the term carbon fiber to denote a slightly modified formula or manufacturing process that separates it from graphite used for the body or shaft proper.
In terms of qualities, there are few that graphite does not do better than the rest of the commonly used materials. For instance, graphite is by far the lightest weight material used in the manufacturing of badminton rackets.
However, this lightweight material does not give up too terribly much in the way of durability, as it is nearly as flexible as steel except in colder climates where it can become brittle and break.
Still, graphite is also the most flexible material on our list, able to bend during the shot and return to form without issue immediately afterward.
Aluminum is often considered the middle child of the materials commonly used for manufacturing badminton rackets in a large part because it often sits between steel and graphite in terms of the relevant properties of the given materials. For example, aluminum is lighter than steel but not nearly as light as graphite, providing a bit of power without quite as much weight.
That said, aluminum is also inherently more flexible than steel, but it is not nearly as flexible as graphite though this does change when playing in a colder climate. In fact, the only area where aluminum does not sit between the other commonly used materials is in durability where it sits disappointingly at the bottom of our list.
While steel is quite often one of the more sought-after materials to use in products, it actually is one of the worst materials to use for a badminton racket. This is because steel is by far the heaviest material used for badminton rackets that, while it may provide some additional power, makes it a bit unwieldy.
On top of that, steel is not even that much more durable than the other materials on our list, so its singular advantage is a little more than an unnecessary bonus. Other than being heavier and less wieldy than the other materials used, steel also has the added disadvantage of rusting which is not really something you have to worry about with aluminum or graphite.
When it comes right down to it, steel is probably a material top suited for beginners or those who are not consistent players.
Thankfully, steel badminton rackets are quite often less expensive than badminton rackets made of other materials though steel badminton rackets are not too terribly common to be sold out of a set. Still, that only means that beginners are far more likely to receive a better value when purchasing a steel badminton racket.
As we can see, there is simply not going to be a single badminton racket that is unanimously the top badminton racket for all players.
A beginner is likely to be less concerned with the various qualities of the badminton racket and look for the top value, while a more advanced player is far more liable to pore through the badminton racket’s specs looking for a specific setup.
For the latter of the two players, we recommend the Wilson BLX Blade badminton racket due to the fact that an advanced player is far less likely to hampered by the Wilson BLX Blade badminton racket’s focus on generating power.
That said, if you already have your skill set well developed, then the Wilson BLX Blade badminton racket provides numerous features to increase your power, allowing you to use it for highly competitive play.
Of course, if you are a beginner and simply looking for a decent badminton racket that also comes with some extra goodies to provide more value, then we recommend the Baden Champions badminton racket set.
Aside from the fact that this badminton racket set comes with shuttlecocks and a bag, it also comes with everything you need to set up a net, leaving only the open field and an opponent for you to provide.
Check this offer on Amazon before you go:
- PERFECT as replacements to your worn or broken racquet or for adding additional players to your set
- INCLUDES (2) racquets and (2) shuttlecocks
- FEATURES smooth grip racquet handles
- EASY addition to your backyard games collection
- BUILT for maximum fun
- I Ibific portable badminton set for badminton games consists of 4 steel badminton rackets, 4 nylon badminton birdies and 2 large stylish portable badminton bags easy to carry with you. The size of each badminton racket is 67and the weight is 85-89 g.
- Made of high quality materials badminton set for adults and kids. Carbon aluminum composite materials are used in badminton rackets production. Steady lightweight frame, stable T-joint, anti-skid grip handles - all these elements provide durability of badminton rackets set of 4.
- Easy to use badminton equipment. Each racket for badminton is lightweight to avoid any kind of body pain, that usually can be caused by heavier rackets. Lightweight badminton racket does not suffer from the deformation caused by playing the game.
- Special portable badminton nylon bags easy to carry with you. Bright up-to-date bags designed specially for I Ibific brand houses all the parts of badminton set for comfort transportation for the place you move to - take it with you anywhere.
- For backyard games of beginners, badminton lovers, professionals and also can be used as a badminton set for kids. Enjoy the game with badminton sets for backyards and play with your kids, relatives or friends.
- ★PACKAGE INCLUDES★ 4 Standard Badminton Rackets, 4 Upgraded Nylon Shuttlecocks and 1 Soft Carrying Bag.
- ★RACKET SIZE,WEIGHT & MATERIAL★ L 26" & W 8", Weighs 100g. Tempered Steel Frame Construction and Upgraded PU Antiskid Grip Handle.
- ★EASY, FUN AND HELPFUL EXERCISE★ Little Does It Matter If You’re a Professional Player or If You’ve Never Seen a Shuttlecock Before in Your Life.It Helps You Enjoy Sports & Work on Hand/Eye Coordination,Keep You Free From Disease.
- ★A GIFT FOR THE ONE YOU LOVE★ Whether You Buy It for Your Children, Families, Friends or Yourself, our Badminton Racket Set is an Ideal Gift; Smart, Practical and Fun. No Site Restrictions, Suitable for Indoor & Outdoor - Who Wouldn't Love It?
- ★After-Sale Service★ We Have Given our Best in order to Offer You a Quality Product at an Antagonistic Price. However, If You aren’t Satisfied with our Badminton Rackets Set, We Offer You a Full Refund Guarantee – No Reason Needed!
- 【Package Includes】 4 steel badminton racquets, 12 durable nylon shuttlecocks, 4 replacement grip tapes, 4 rackets protection tapes and 1 large carrying bag. The weight of each racket is 4.3oz
- 【Designed for Casual Entertainment】 If you are looking for any badminton racket for beginners or casual players, the set maybe your ideal choice. These prestrung rackets are lightweight and easy to swing without feeling fatigued, and will satisfy the need of playing badminton with your families, kids or friends
- 【Tempered Steel Rackets】 Our rackets are constructed of one piece tempered steel frame and Built-in T-Joint, which reach a compromise between lightness and sturdiness, performance and cost. Besides, the oval head design expands the sweet spot and makes it easier to hit properly
- 【Superior Accessories】12 Shuttlecocks that attached in set are made of complexcork head and nylon feather, which improve the durability and stability. 4 replacement grip tapes attached are made of PU material and offer much cushion and sweat absorption. And 4 new increase rackets protection tapes reduce the wear and tear of the racket frame, so that the set will accompany you longer.
- 【Prestrung Frame with Good Tension】 Every racket is well strung by skilled workers before delivery with good tension for beginner to intermediate level of playing. Strings are made of durable material and will last long
- This Kit’s a Hit – Step up to the court with all you need thanks to your MATTCOT badminton set. Whether you’re a pro or just like family yard games, you’ll be ready for any indoor or outdoor game.
- Rally the Family – Planning a get-together? Make sure fun is in store for friends and family of all ages while playing badminton lawn games. Bond and have a great time with the people who matter most!
- Pro Quality – Bash birdies without fear of breaking or bending your badminton racquet. With the power and agility of strong carbon fiber, you can enjoy a light, balanced feel with every swing.
- A Smashing Gift – Unsure what to get for that special, active someone in your life? A badminton racket set is sure to please anyone looking for fun and exercise in the yard or on the court.
- Committed to Fair Play – You can count on us for both excellent serves and exceptional service. The only thing we love more than badminton is our customers, and we’ll prove it to you!
- Super Lightweight: 3U, 85g(2.9oz), the frame & shaft are all made of carbon fiber composite, perfect for boys & girls, women, and men.
- High String Tension: defaulted 24 pounds, up to 24 pounds max string tension, recommended for beginners and intermediate players.
- One-Piece Design: built-in T-joint, the whole racket is made in the one-piece module.
- Enjoy Sports Everywhere: badminton 2 player racket, easy to take, played indoors/outdoors with your family and friends.
- Quality Assurance: all rackets have been repackaged and checked before shipping out. The seller has a systematic quality inspection process in the local warehouse and cooperating manufacturers.